Footers are generally used in educational of professional documents a place to insert information. Typically, page numbers, references, company logo, document title and similar additional information.
Learning how to insert a footer into Google is very easy and will help you create better documents.
A guide to adding footers in Google Docs
There are three very simple steps to this:
- Click Insert then Header & page number
- Hover mouse icon over Header & page number and click Footer
- Enter text and images into footer and press esc key
1. Click Insert then Header & page number
Open the document and find the insert button in the menu, click it. A drop-down menu will present itself. Find the Header & page number option.
2. Hover mouse icon over Header & page number and click Footer
Now, hover your mouse over the Header & page number option and click Footer in the secondary menu.
3. Enter text and images into footer and press esc key
Now that the footer section has been added to the document you can enter your desired information. Once you’re happy with what’s been added to the footer, press escape on the keyboard.
And there you have it, adding a footer to Google Docs really is that simple!